Energy efficient lighting training
Lighting can be a substantial energy cost for many businesses. It presents a significant opportunity to improve energy efficiency and reduce the cost of energy bills. This training, in conjunction with the Energy efficient lighting technology report and Calculight tool is designed to help you understand current lighting technologies, investigate best practice lighting solutions and apply them to your site.
Key learning areas
- Understand types of energy efficient lighting
- Evaluate existing lighting effectiveness and expectations of a new system
- Understand total cost of ownership for lighting
- Develop lighting solutions using the Calculight tool
- Work more effectively with suppliers and evaluate quotes
- Verify that completed works meet expectations
Who should attend?
Senior staff, sustainability and environment officers and champions, operations and facilities managers, management team members, procurement staff, site managers and engineers.
It is recommended that two people from each organisation attend if possible.
To request in-house customised training for groups of 15 or more, email@example.com.
Two half-day workshops. Participants are required to attend both workshops.
Businesses should commit to completing a lighting upgrade within 12 months after the training and should be prepared to collect information about actual projects they intend to complete between training sessions one and two.
Cost: $100 per person in Sydney and $50 per person in regional NSW.
Training location and dates
Select a session that suits you and book online. If there isn’t a suitable session, please register your interest for future courses.
Support is available for participating organisations to assist with implementation of energy efficiency opportunities arising from the training. Support options can include:
- Site visit to identify energy efficiency lighting opportunities
- Development of an energy efficiency lighting business case
- Assistance with completing the Calculight tool
- Creation of a top-line lighting retrofit action plan, which could include:
- Support preparing requests for quote
- Assistance with quote evaluation
- Assistance with accessing the Energy Savings Scheme
Other training courses
Energy Saver delivers a range of energy efficiency training courses across NSW. Additional training courses include:
For more information about energy efficiency training call 1300 361 967 or firstname.lastname@example.org.