Lighting systems can be responsible for a substantial amount of the energy used by businesses, sometimes up to 50 per cent. Energy use associated with lighting systems can be reduced by up to 82 per cent if energy efficient lighting practices are adopted.
Energy Saver provides the following tools to help you understand your lighting system and enable you to identify, implement and realise energy and cost savings.
Energy Saver energy efficient lighting technology report (updated)
As lighting technologies are changing fast, OEH has updated its Energy Efficient Lighting Technology Report to help you better understand this changing landscape. The report outlines energy saving solutions for common types of lighting and provides detailed annual energy savings, capital costs and payback periods for various lighting options. It will help you implement energy efficient lighting solutions and choose the most cost-effective energy efficient technology upgrades.
The report should be read by facilities managers, plant operators, site engineers, procurement managers and operations and financial management at any facility or organisation with significant lighting.
Calculight – the Energy Saver lighting upgrade calculator
The Calculight calculator helps you make an informed decision about energy efficient lighting for your site. Calculight:
- helps you to identify appropriate, cost-effective energy efficient lighting upgrades for common types of lighting
- shows you a number of options, letting you make the best choice for your business
- compares lighting upgrade options and lets you sort results by annual energy savings, capital costs and payback periods
- gives you generic technical specifications, so that you can confidently approach lighting suppliers and contractors.
Please note that this tool was developed as a guide for identifying energy savings, and does not negate the requirement to seek technical expertise for design and specification issues.
Energy efficient lighting training
Energy Saver offers a two-day workshop designed to help you:
- understand current lighting technologies
- investigate best practice lighting solutions
- apply best practice lighting solution upgrades to your site.
Visit lighting training for details and to book a place.
For more information please contact the Energy Saver team on 1300 361 967 or email@example.com